Thursday, August 26, 2010

Gentleman's Bicycle

A Gentleman's Bicycle:
The Wormwood Limited


I took part in a global bicycle build off this summer, and this is my completed bicycle. It is themed after steampunk asthetics and the beverage Absinthe (hense the pale green accents and name). This project had a deadline for submission, and as I ran out of time on the build, many of my ideas for this bicycle never got off the ground. I am quite pleased with the result, however. This bicycle has a great minimalistic look, and rides superbly. The front suspension offered by the springer fork makes for a very smooth ride.







The frame, wheeles, and many of the other parts for this bicycle came from a vintage Schwinn Typhoon. All painting, fab work and construction were done between June and August 2nd, 2010.



No comments: